RLI - Personal Umbrella & Home Business Insurance


RLI's PUP stands atop the existing homeowner and auto insurance to provide an extra layer of personal liability protection for the insured and their family. With RLI's PUP program, the insured can maintain their auto or home coverage with any company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits.

Endorsed Market - RLI PUP

  • Limits up to $5 million available

  • Excess UM/UIM available in all states.

  • The insured can keep their current homeowner/auto insurer

  • New drivers accepted - no age limit on drivers

  • Up to one DWI/DUI per household allowed

  • Auto limits as low as 100/300/50 in certain cases

  • Competitive, low premiums for increased limits of liability

  • Simple, self-underwriting application that lets you know immediately if the insured is accepted

  • E-signature and credit card payment options

  • Immediate coverage available in all 50 states plus D.C.


A necessary policy for the new cottage industries. This policy is underwritten by RLI and provides basic property coverage and liability coverage for persons operating businesses from their homes (excluded on their homeowners policy).

An RLI Home Business Insurance policy includes:

  • Coverage for theft or damage to your business property (inventory and equipment!),
  • Liability coverage for clients visiting your home on business, and
  • Liability coverage away from home if others' property is damaged.
  • Premiums starting at just $150, for certain businesses.

Highlights of the form include:

  • Up to $1,000,000 in business general liability coverage, both on and off the residence premises.

  • Up to $100,000 in business personal property limits for protection at home and while temporarily off premises.

  • A standard $250 deductible.

  • Up to $5,000 per person for medical payments to customers or vendors injured on your premises.

  • Optional coverages for money and securities.

  • Available in all states and the District of Columbia, regardless of the carrier providing your homeowner coverage.

What Do You Need To Get started Selling RLI

To sell both the RLI Umbrella and Home Business Insurance policies, an RLI producer and IBSC Sub-producer agreement must be completed. Download the agreements below and submit to our insurance department at rebekah@iiamd.org or fax to 410-766-0993.

RLI Producer Agreement           IBSC Sub-Producer Agreement

How To Submit New Business

To submit new business, forward the completed RLI application with a full premium check to: 

Insurance Brokers Service Corp

2408 Peppermill Dr., Ste A

Glen Burnie, MD. 21061


NEW BUSINESS:We only accept agency checks made payable to IBSC for new business. Do not send a check to us from your insured. It will be returned. 

RENEWAL BUSINESS:All Renewal Business is 'Direct Bill'

Please direct all RLI questions to our RLI Administrator, Kyrsten Langford, at kyrsten@iiamd.org.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software